At La Preme Clinic, your safety is our priority. While we are living in these unprecedented times, we’ve had to make a few changes to the way that we operate. We’ve taken current COVID-19 guidance into account when asking our customers to kindly comply with following requirements:
- All patients must complete COVID-19 triaging ahead of their appointment. This will be conducted by telephone around 24 hours before your visit.
- All patients entering the clinic are asked to wear a face mask in line with current guidelines. If you have health reasons that prevent you from wearing a face mask, we kindly ask that you use a shield, or wear a loose-fitting scarf around your mouth instead.
- All patients will be required to have their temperature taken. If your temperature is found to be over 37.8°C, we will reschedule your appointment, as is recommended in the current COVID-19 guidelines.
- There are sanitisation stations around the clinic, and we ask patients to make full use of these at every opportunity.
- Please be aware that at the current time, toilets will remain closed except for emergencies.
- Our treatment rooms are sanitised between each appointment, with air purifiers being used to assist in this process. Appointments are also adequately spaced which gives us time needed to perform this deep clean and prevent patient contact.
- All La Preme Clinic staff will be wearing masks and visors, and your podiatrist will be wearing full PPE during your treatment, including aprons, shoe covers, gloves and hair net.
While we aim to make your appointment as relaxing and stress-free as possible, it is essential that we adhere to the current recommendations and guidelines outlined by the College of Podiatry and HCPC.
If you have any questions about our booking process or any of our COVID-19 safety precautions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.